HARTSVILLE, S.C. – On Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2013, Coker College students traveled to Southside Early Childhood Center to promote healthy lifestyle choices to 4K and 5K children. Of the 20 students involved, 14 were student-athletes.
Students read Eric Carle’s From Head to Toe, demonstrated exercises from the book and discussed healthy activities and food choices.
This student-led initiative was designed to engage Coker students with community service and outreach while promoting healthy lifestyle choices, fitness and lifelong learning to elementary school students.
Coker student-athletes involved in the reading day were:
- Mike Martiello & Josh Smith [Men's Lacrosse]
- Mandy Lopez & Kara Huntsinger [Women's Lacrosse]
- Emma Ferguson & Salina Maynard [Women's Soccer]
- Andrew Goot & Ernie Kirkwood [Baseball]
- Logan Cox & Tyresha Ellis [Softball]
- Caleb Fenner & Jordan Snell [Men's Soccer]
- Gabby Zito & Cassidy Jones [Spirit Squad]
Check out this video that recaps the events at Southside.
Video has no source Url