Hartsville, S.C. – Coker College head softball coach, David Hanna, announced the signing of eight players to National Letters of Intent to play softball for the Lady Cobras in 2009-2010 today. Six of the eight are from South Carolina with one from North Carolina and one from Florida, while all eight will be incoming freshmen.
“This is one of the largest recruiting classes I have had in recent years,” said Coach Hanna. “They will definitely give some much needed depth to our team, along with plenty of opportunity for players to be competing for playing time. I’m looking forward to getting started and hopefully returning to the top of the Conference Carolinas standings this season.”
The eight players joining the Lady Cobras are as follows:
• Jordan Atkinson, a pitcher/outfielder from Bishopville, S.C.
• Devon Holley, a short stop from Hartsville, S.C.
• Brianna Jacobs, a third baseman from Bolton, N.C.
• Jaclin Poole, a short stop from Clover, S.C.
• Sarah Price, an outfielder from Little Rock, S.C.
• Sarah Rountree, an outfielder from Plantation, Fla.
• Megan Sexton, an outfielder from Gaffney, S.C.
• Taylor Shelley, a second baseman from Loris, S.C.
Coach Hanna and the Lady Cobras had a record of 22-19 overall, and 8-10 in the conference last season. Coker finished the regular season in seventh place in the conference standings, but was the Conference Carolinas Tournament runner-up, falling to Queens in the final game 4-3.